Respecting your privacy is very important to us.
Privacy and Cookies Policy
1. Who we are
1.1 We are Jeda Pearl Creative, owned and operated by Jeda Pearl Lewis who’s pen name is Jeda Pearl. We are based in Scotland, UK. Our website address is: https://jedapearl.com. This website is suitable for adults and young people aged 16 years and older. Find out more about us.
2. Your data
2.1 We do not collect or store any of your financial details. We use secure payment processors, like PayPal or Gumroad to do that for us.
2.2 Data is collected by digital methods, for example, email, messages, comments, forms, and automated cookies, paper methods and postal mail.
2.3 The types of data we collect are:
- Non-personal anonymous data automatically collected:
- your IP address
- your search engine used
- your device’s operating system
- pages you visit and links you click on this website.
- Personal data collected, if you choose to share it with us, for example, in a comment, feedback or review, subscribing to our mailing list, or sending us a message:
- Your name
- email address
- comment or message
- street address or country of residence
- phone number
- photos or images.
- Sensitive personal data collected, if you choose to share it with us, for example, in a comment, feedback or review, or sending us a message:
- your racial, ethnic origin, or heritage
- class or socio-economic background
- political opinions
- religious beliefs
- sexual life
- physical or mental health
2.4 Some website plugins and apps (third parties below) might use your data and cookies for targeted advertising, for example, social media apps like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Google – see ‘Cookies’ below.
2.5 For your Intellectual Property, Rights and Usage, and Confidentiality, see the Terms and Conditions Policy.
3. How and why we use your data
3.2 Data collected, stored or shared, is kept to a minimum and relevant to its purpose.
3.3 We use some or all of the data above to provide you with the best possible service and experience, and for:
- internal recordkeeping and processing orders
- improvement of our products, services, or activities
- sending relevant information by email, message, or postal mail
- managing subscribers and newsletters, promotional material, or research
- moderating or automatically checking comments and messages for spam
- illustrating, customising or updating our products, services or this website.
3.4 Data security is of great importance to us. To protect your Data we have suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected. However, please acknowledge it is impossible to construct ‘perfect internet security.’
3.5 We store your data on firewall and password-protected office computers, mobile devices, and platforms like Google Drive, Gmail and Contacts, Microsoft OneDrive, MailChimp. This website uses SSL encryption, and our payment processors and third-party service providers use encryption and other security measures.
3.7 Your personal data will not be sold to third parties.
4.1 We acknowledge we may receive or have access to information that must be treated as confidential unless permission is given by the owner. This includes:
- Personal data, such as names, pronouns, contact details, demographic information, feedback, comments, messages, photos, videos, websites and social media accounts.
- Sensitive data, such as racial/ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, gender, physical or mental health, disability, or sexual life.
- Intellectual property, such as brand assets, pending projects and proposals, marketing activities, customer data, trade secrets, research and development, literary and artistic works.
- Operating information, such as account usernames and passwords.
4.2 Sharing of personal and sensitive data, intellectual property and operating information with our staff or project collaborators will be kept to an absolute minimum.
4.3 Jeda Pearl Creative’s staff and contractors operating under Jeda Pearl Creative may sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement for specific projects where appropriate.
5. Access, withhold and delete your data
5.1 You may withhold and/or restrict use of your data.
5.2 You may unsubscribe from our mailing list or marketing materials at any time by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ on our newsletter or replying with ‘Unsubscribe’ in the email subject field.
5.3 You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us on payment of a small admin fee which will not exceed £10 (the statutory maximum).
5.4 You may request your data is rectified, restricted, blocked, erased or destroyed. Please note, this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes, for example, contacting you about your outstanding purchase/s, or service contract, or our tax records.
5.5 You may notify us of any change in data permissions, for example, asking for photographs and videos to be removed from this website, by contacting us.
6.1 Cookies do lots of different jobs, like navigating a website, personalising content, storing your preferences, helping your interactions with a website run faster and easier. They also monitor anonymous statistics.
6.2 First-party Cookies are set by the website, for example, logging in, remembering submitted data like names and email addresses, processing orders.
6.3 Third-party Cookies are set by other websites who:
- run content on the page you are viewing, for example, embedded content from websites such as YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc and/or targeted adverts, like Google Ads
- or run software on the website, such as WordPress, security plugins, statistical software like Google Analytics, and social media sharing plugins.
6.4 There are two types of cookies:
- Session Cookies generally expire after thirty minutes or at the end of your visit.
- Persistent Cookies are used for repeat visits and generally expire a year after your first visit, though some will remain active for longer.
6.5 You can get First-party Session cookies and First-party Persistent cookies as well as Third-party Session cookies and Third-party Persistent cookies.
6.6 You can disable cookies by adjusting settings in your browser and/or blocking cookies on each website you visit. Blocking all cookies may affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. However, you can block some cookies, like ones for adverts or analytics, and only accept the ‘necessary’ cookies for the website to function.
6.7 Adjust your cookie settings on this website by clicking the ‘Privacy + Cookies’ tab at the bottom right corner of the page, then ‘Cookie Settings.’ Instructions for adjusting your browser cookies are at the end of this policy.
7. Third Party Cookies and Privacy Policies
We use the following third parties who may place cookies and/or collect and use your data:
- Google Policies – email and contacts; word processing and spreadsheets; storage of photos, videos, forms and marketing files; SEO, website traffic monitoring and anonymous analytics.
- Microsoft Policies – word processing and spreadsheets; storage of files, documents, photos, graphics, marketing content.
- Website only:
- Social media – links to ‘like’ profiles, view embedded posts on this website, personalised advert targeting:
8. Embedded content from other websites
8.1 Some pages on this site may include embedded content, for example, videos, images, posts, articles. Embedded content from other websites behaves the same way as if you have visited the other website.
9.1 If you leave a comment on the site, we collect the data you provide in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
9.3 Please read the Posting Guidelines before posting comments or sending messages.
10. Links to other websites
We may sometimes provide links to other websites. We have no control over the content on other websites and are not responsible for their content. Inclusion of a link to another website does not imply our endorsement.
11. Related Policies
12. Changes to this Policy
Jeda Pearl Creative reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
Updated: March 2022
Questions? Please contact us.
Adjusting your cookies and privacy settings
Please note, if you reject all cookies, some website features may not function properly, and/or saved login details may no longer be saved.
Adjust your cookie settings on this website by clicking the ‘Privacy + Cookies’ tab at the bottom right corner of the page, then ‘Cookie Settings.’
Adjust your browser cookies and privacy settings on other websites you visit:
- Chrome > Tools Icon > Settings > Security and Privacy
- Firefox > Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies
- Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings > Advanced
- Opera > Settings > Advanced > Privacy and Cookies
- Safari > Menu > Preferences > Privacy
Opt Out of personalised advertising campaigns
Please note, other types of non-personalised online, phone or postal advertising may still happen.
- Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) Your Online Choices
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)
- The Digital Advertising Alliance
- Google Analytics Opt Out Browser Add-On
- Telephone Preference Service (UK)
General internet safety advice
Get Safe Online – personal internet safety and security advice for people of all ages.
Be cautious! Phishing and scam calls, texts and emails can be hard to detect. More advice on Which.co.uk.